General Discussions
Carmelo's fate

Carmelo walking on thin ice

588c9697dfac8.jpg

Carmelo Anthony scored 18 points on 8-of-26 shooting with 11 rebounds, one triple and a block, on Knicks victory over Hornets 110-107 on Friday.

Prior to the game, a report by ESPN indicated that the Knicks are actively searching for a third team to help facilitate a trade, so the chances of him being moved are rising by the day. Some Knicks fan were chanting "Trade Carmelo!" during the Nation Anthem, but to his credit he hit a clutch shot in the closing moments over the outstretched arm of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

There were even rumours of the willing to trade him to Clippers even if not getting one of the three big guys from there (Paul, Griffin or Jordan). What is sure is that Knicks fans want him out.

Carmelo walking on thin ice =========================== ![588c9697dfac8.jpg](serve/attachment&path=588c9697dfac8.jpg) Carmelo Anthony scored 18 points on 8-of-26 shooting with 11 rebounds, one triple and a block, on Knicks victory over Hornets 110-107 on Friday. Prior to the game, a report by ESPN indicated that the Knicks are actively searching for a third team to help facilitate a trade, so the chances of him being moved are rising by the day. Some Knicks fan were chanting "Trade Carmelo!" during the Nation Anthem, but to his credit he hit a clutch shot in the closing moments over the outstretched arm of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. There were even rumours of the willing to trade him to Clippers even if not getting one of the three big guys from there (Paul, Griffin or Jordan). What is sure is that Knicks fans want him out.
edited Jan 28 '17 at 1:04 pm

Knicks front office is easily one of the worst in NBA history.

Melo should have been traded during the 2016 off-season or even before that when Porzingis proved he is the Knicks future and the team should be built around him.

Draft melo to a contender, Knicks gets picks or young players and continue the rebuild from there. Whoever gave Joakim Noah his contract should be demoted. There was clear proof that the man was not the same DPOY candidate from 2014 and you still gave him money smh.

Melo must go but it is not all his fault. The front office are largely to blame and should be embarassed at how poorly the Knicks have done in nearly 5 decades.

Knicks front office is easily one of the worst in NBA history. Melo should have been traded during the 2016 off-season or even before that when Porzingis proved he is the Knicks future and the team should be built around him. Draft melo to a contender, Knicks gets picks or young players and continue the rebuild from there. Whoever gave Joakim Noah his contract should be demoted. There was clear proof that the man was not the same DPOY candidate from 2014 and you still gave him money smh. Melo must go but it is not all his fault. The front office are largely to blame and should be embarassed at how poorly the Knicks have done in nearly 5 decades.

I agree completely. Knicks front office has done a poor job for a long time.
What I am not sure is if Porzingis has proved to be Knicks future.

I agree completely. Knicks front office has done a poor job for a long time. What I am not sure is if Porzingis has proved to be Knicks future.
edited Jan 29 '17 at 5:02 pm

The offense does not run through Porzingis and that isn't his fault.

I understand why you don't think he is their future yet but build the offense around him/ trade melo/ get rid of Rose and somehow get rid of Noah, you'll begin to see it too.

The offense does not run through Porzingis and that isn't his fault. I understand why you don't think he is their future yet but build the offense around him/ trade melo/ get rid of Rose and somehow get rid of Noah, you'll begin to see it too.

There are more news on this trade:

588f4b264ce39.png

Article in: cbssports

There are more news on this trade: ![588f4b264ce39.png](serve/attachment&path=588f4b264ce39.png) Article in: [cbssports](http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-celtics-could-help-facilitate-a-deal-to-send-carmelo-anthony-to-clippers/)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft