General Discussions
Pre-Season affect AVG

Dear Admin, dear all,

first, happy new season! I'm pumped!
what's with this new In-Tournament 'round Christmas? Is it just big money for TV and broadcasters? Will there be other impact from it? I don't really get it ...

secondly, why do pre-season-games affect the AVERAGE (fantasy points) of the players? Now, mostly all rookies will have an average they can't reach consistently, and they aren't cheap either, so nobody will really take them in their roster from the beginning.
And that's a pity! No?
It is good for the star-players, because they basically don't play much, sure, but... hm

Maybe there's an idea behind and I don't get it, or it's just the game how's it supposed to be? I'm curious.
Please let me know :-)

cheers,
quasime

Dear Admin, dear all, first, happy new season! I'm pumped! what's with this new In-Tournament 'round Christmas? Is it just big money for TV and broadcasters? Will there be other impact from it? I don't really get it ... secondly, why do pre-season-games affect the AVERAGE (fantasy points) of the players? Now, mostly all rookies will have an average they can't reach consistently, and they aren't cheap either, so nobody will really take them in their roster from the beginning. And that's a pity! No? It is good for the star-players, because they basically don't play much, sure, but... hm Maybe there's an idea behind and I don't get it, or it's just the game how's it supposed to be? I'm curious. Please let me know :-) cheers, quasime
edited Oct 13 '23 at 10:19 am

Hello Quasime,

Welcome again!!

I had no idea of any In-Season Tournament!! Looks quite crazy to me and I will have to rethink how this impacts this game. I will let you know soon.

Regarding the Average of the players with the preseason games.....well, I use the preseason games to perform some tests on the system and check if everything looks ok for the start of the season. The preseason stats will be removed before the season starts so they won't affect the average eventually (the average of the players is recalculated daily). As you say, it would be weird to count them as the preseason is somehow a benchmark for the teams to test some players.

Cheers.

Hello Quasime, Welcome again!! I had no idea of any In-Season Tournament!! Looks quite crazy to me and I will have to rethink how this impacts this game. I will let you know soon. Regarding the Average of the players with the preseason games.....well, I use the preseason games to perform some tests on the system and check if everything looks ok for the start of the season. The preseason stats will be removed before the season starts so they won't affect the average eventually (the average of the players is recalculated daily). As you say, it would be weird to count them as the preseason is somehow a benchmark for the teams to test some players. Cheers.

Hello Quasime,

Welcome again!!

I had no idea of any In-Season Tournament!! Looks quite crazy to me and I will have to rethink how this impacts this game. I will let you know soon.

Regarding the Average of the players with the preseason games.....well, I use the preseason games to perform some tests on the system and check if everything looks ok for the start of the season. The preseason stats will be removed before the season starts so they won't affect the average eventually (the average of the players is recalculated daily). As you say, it would be weird to count them as the preseason is somehow a benchmark for the teams to test some players.

Cheers.

Hello Quasime, Welcome again!! I had no idea of any In-Season Tournament!! Looks quite crazy to me and I will have to rethink how this impacts this game. I will let you know soon. Regarding the Average of the players with the preseason games.....well, I use the preseason games to perform some tests on the system and check if everything looks ok for the start of the season. The preseason stats will be removed before the season starts so they won't affect the average eventually (the average of the players is recalculated daily). As you say, it would be weird to count them as the preseason is somehow a benchmark for the teams to test some players. Cheers.

When will complete player lists be available. First player shown is Sabonis when you click on the players link.

Holmgren needs to be fixed, he cant be priced at $500K

When will complete player lists be available. First player shown is Sabonis when you click on the players link. Holmgren needs to be fixed, he cant be priced at $500K

Allright, thanks for clearing that up for me! I couldn't remember ... but I knew something was fishy about it ;-)

Allright, thanks for clearing that up for me! I couldn't remember ... but I knew something was fishy about it ;-)

Hello,

I already answered to this in another thread.

Regarding the price, it is true that Holgrem and Anunoby had an unfair price. This is due that in the stats they sometimes change the names of players by adding something to the name or shortening it down. Unfortunately, even I checked the players, I did not realize those players had a weird price, there is a bunch of them, and when I saw some messages about it, it was already to late.
There is nothing to be done when some rosters have already bought a player, as if I update the prices, when they sell the player they would automatically earn that money in the trade. That would be much more unfair.
At the end of the day, they are players with high and low prices, and all the users are playing under the same circumstances. The mistake is for all of the users. I know it is ideal, but the solution was just not there.

I will try to see if there is any mechanism to detect these kind of corner cases for the future.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Best regards.

Hello, I already answered to this in another thread. Regarding the price, it is true that Holgrem and Anunoby had an unfair price. This is due that in the stats they sometimes change the names of players by adding something to the name or shortening it down. Unfortunately, even I checked the players, I did not realize those players had a weird price, there is a bunch of them, and when I saw some messages about it, it was already to late. There is nothing to be done when some rosters have already bought a player, as if I update the prices, when they sell the player they would automatically earn that money in the trade. That would be much more unfair. At the end of the day, they are players with high and low prices, and all the users are playing under the same circumstances. The mistake is for all of the users. I know it is ideal, but the solution was just not there. I will try to see if there is any mechanism to detect these kind of corner cases for the future. Sorry for the inconveniences. Best regards.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft