News and Announcements
[Important] NBA Fantasy League is moving!!

Hello Everybody,

I have been contacted by the NBA some time ago, urging me to stop using some brand stuff in the game. Specifically, team logos and some game action snapshots on the social networks (probably some of you already have noticed that the team logos are not being shown anymore). They have also claimed that the nbafantasyleague.com domain cannot be used and they demanded that I transfer the domain to them.
While especially the domain thing seems unclear and tricky to me, I do not have the means to legally defend myself in the matter - as many of you know I'm just one guy who really loves to do what we all do here - so I had only two options at the time, to adapt or die.

Though this is a relatively small community, I was really pissed off at the idea of giving up and, especially with the current season started. So I have opted for keeping the game going. However, it has to be moved to another domain, which has been on the build for a while now.

This will happen probably during this week, though the old nbafantasyleague.com will still be available for some time, redirecting to the new place. I'll let you know when it happens.

Of course, your user settings, your current progress etc. won't be affected by this at all. And I did my best to make sure there are no issues - if you notice something please let me know asap so I can fix it and your game experience is not affected!

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Fran,
Admin of nbafantasyleague.com, soon basketfantasyaddicts.com

Hello Everybody, I have been contacted by the NBA some time ago, urging me to stop using some brand stuff in the game. Specifically, team logos and some game action snapshots on the social networks (probably some of you already have noticed that the team logos are not being shown anymore). They have also claimed that the nbafantasyleague.com domain cannot be used and they demanded that I transfer the domain to them. While especially the domain thing seems unclear and tricky to me, I do not have the means to legally defend myself in the matter - as many of you know I'm just one guy who really loves to do what we all do here - so I had only two options at the time, to adapt or die. Though this is a relatively small community, I was really pissed off at the idea of giving up and, especially with the current season started. So I have opted for keeping the game going. However, it has to be moved to another domain, which has been on the build for a while now. This will happen probably during this week, though the old nbafantasyleague.com will still be available for some time, redirecting to the new place. I'll let you know when it happens. Of course, your user settings, your current progress etc. won't be affected by this at all. And I did my best to make sure there are no issues - if you notice something please let me know asap so I can fix it and your game experience is not affected! Sorry for the inconveniences. Fran, Admin of nbafantasyleague.com, soon basketfantasyaddicts.com

Thank you Fran for the great support.

It would be a shame to end the season at this point.

I suggest you sell them the domain and not transfer it smile
Maybe you could make some good money out of it.

Thank you Fran for the great support. It would be a shame to end the season at this point. I suggest you sell them the domain and not transfer it :) Maybe you could make some good money out of it.

Thanks for keeping this fantastic game alive.
Thanks Fran.

Thanks for keeping this fantastic game alive. Thanks Fran.

keep it up man, you're doing great, thanks!
hope for a sweet and swoosh domain-trade

keep it up man, you're doing great, thanks! hope for a sweet and swoosh domain-trade

Actually the domain transfer will compensate only the original domain price, so no benefits at all.
But anyway, thank you all for the encouragement!!!

Actually the domain transfer will compensate only the original domain price, so no benefits at all. But anyway, thank you all for the encouragement!!!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft